If you’re following a low carb diet, finding fast food options can be challenging. However, with a little bit of planning and research, it’s possible to find fast food options that won’t derail your diet. Here are 12 fast foods you can eat on a low carb diet:
- Grilled chicken sandwich: Many fast food restaurants offer grilled chicken sandwiches that can be ordered without the bun. Opt for a side salad instead of fries.
- Grilled chicken wrap: Similar to the grilled chicken sandwich, you can order a grilled chicken wrap and ask for it to be made without the tortilla.
- Grilled chicken nuggets: Grilled chicken nuggets are a low carb option that many fast food chains offer.
- Grilled chicken salad: If you’re looking for something light and refreshing, a grilled chicken salad can be a great option.
- Caesar salad: A Caesar salad without croutons can be a satisfying and low carb option.
- Burger without the bun: Many fast food restaurants offer burgers that can be ordered without the bun. Opt for a side salad instead of fries.
- Cobb salad: A Cobb salad is a tasty and filling option that is often available at fast food restaurants.
- Chipotle bowl: At Chipotle, you can order a bowl with grilled chicken or steak, vegetables, and salsa. Skip the rice and beans to keep it low carb.
- Jimmy John’s Unwich: Jimmy John’s offers sandwiches wrapped in lettuce instead of bread, making it a great low carb option.
- Burrito bowl: At Mexican fast food restaurants, you can order a burrito bowl with grilled chicken or steak, vegetables, and salsa. Skip the rice and beans to keep it low carb.
- Subway salad: Subway offers salads that can be customized with your choice of protein and vegetables.
- Roasted chicken: Many fast food restaurants offer roasted chicken as an option. Pair it with a side salad for a low carb meal.
Overall, while it can be challenging to find low carb fast food options, it’s not impossible. By ordering grilled meats, salads, and skipping the bread and other high carb sides, you can stay on track with your diet while still enjoying the convenience of fast food.